We are constantly evaluating the packaging options available to ensure the least impact to the environment whilst continuing to use packaging that will protect the materials we store and ship.On a bi-annual basis our packaging focus group reviews the existing packaging, what is new to the market, cost implications as well as the level of protection for the goods.
A few updated from our recent review features include:
- We only purchase packaging from FSC approved producers (The FSC system allows businesses and consumers to identify, purchase and use wood, paper and other forest products made with materials from well-managed forests and/or recycled sources)
- Our pick/pack strategy includes paperless picking enabling our operatives to change the size and type of packaging
- Where possible, original boxes are used to ship goods reducing the need for new packaging
- Carton boxes are made from a minimum 70% recycled material and are 100% recyclable and compostable
- The material used within bubble bags is LDPE Polythene and these are made from 50% recycled material. The bubbles are 100% recyclable
- Jiffy padded bags are made from paper and the inner is made from 100% recycled paper fibre, with the outer being made from virgin kraft paper. The jiffy bags are 100% recyclable and are compostable
For more information on our packaging review and waste reduction initiatives, please contact your Customer Service Team.